尼摩船長喊人,一個侍者進來。船長用我聽不懂的那種語言吩咐了幾句。
Then, turning to the Canadian and Conseil:
然后他轉身對加拿大人和康塞爾說:
A meal is waiting for you in your cabin, he told them. Kindly follow this man.
在你們的艙房里,正等著你們進餐呢,請你們跟著這個人去.
That's an offer I can't refuse! the harpooner replied.
這個,我不拒絕!魚叉手回答。
After being confined for over thirty hours, he and Conseil were finally out of this cell.
于是康塞爾和他走出關了他們三十多小時的這間小房子。
And now, Professor Aronnax, our own breakfast is ready. Allow me to lead the way.
阿龍納斯先生,現在我們的午餐已經準備好了,讓我給您引路。
Yours to command, captain.
船長,我當然聽您的吩咐。
I followed Captain Nemo, and as soon as I passed through the doorway, I went down a kind of electrically lit passageway that resembled a gangway on a ship.
我跟在船長后面走,一出房門,便走上一條有電光照耀。的走廊,像是船上的過道。
After a stretch of some ten meters, a second door opened before me.
約走了十多米以后,第二道門在我們面前打開。
I then entered a dining room, decorated and furnished in austere good taste.
我于是走進了餐廳,餐廳內的擺設和家具都十分講究
Inlaid with ebony trim, tall oaken sideboards stood at both ends of this room, and sparkling on their shelves were staggered rows of earthenware, porcelain, and glass of incalculable value.
小餐廳的兩端擺著鑲嵌烏木花飾的高大橡木餐櫥,在架子的隔板上,有價值不可估量的閃閃發(fā)光的陶器、瓷器、玻璃制品。
There silver-plated dinnerware gleamed under rays pouring from light fixtures in the ceiling, whose glare was softened and tempered by delicately painted designs.
金銀制的餐具在由天花板傾瀉的光線下顯得輝煌奪目,天花板上繪有精美的圖畫,使光線更加柔和而悅目。