[0:01.785]UNIT 2 第二單元
[0:03.616]DNA
[0:06.372]You will learn 你將學到
[0:07.998]Functions 功能
[0:09.452]· Ability and Inability · 能力與無能
[0:12.545]Grammar 語法
[0:13.806]· Coordinating Conjunctions · 并列連詞
[0:16.985]Structures 結構
[0:18.604]· at the same time · 同時
[0:20.845]· except for · 除……以外
[0:22.829]· not only ... but also ... · 不僅……而且……
[0:26.223]· What if ...? · 如果……將會怎么樣?
[0:27.734]· neither ...nor ... · 既不……也不……
[0:30.501]Lesson 9: 第9課:
[0:31.831]What's a "Horkey"? “Horkey”是什么?
[0:33.716]THINK ABOUT IT! 想一想!
[0:35.259]· Do you like to mix your food together when you eat? · 吃東西的時候你喜歡把食物混在一起嗎?
[0:39.642]What things do you like to mix together? 你喜歡把哪些東西混合?
[0:43.803]· What animals or plants do you like best? · 你最喜歡什么動物或植物?
[0:47.964]Why? 為什么?
[0:49.355]· What animals does Danny want to combine? · 丹尼想雜交什么動物?
[0:53.341]Why? 為什么?
[0:55.504]It's a Cow! 是一頭牛!
[0:56.848]No, a Chicken! 不,是一只雞!
[0:59.210]I know what I would choose! 我知道我將選擇什么。
[1:01.208]I would combine a donut and a pizza. 我將把一個面包圈和一個比薩餅混合起來。
[1:04.352]Then I could have breakfast and lunch at the same time! 然后,我可以早飯,午飯一起吃!
[1:08.934]No, no, Danny! 不,不,丹尼!
[1:10.688]You need to choose two living things: 你要選擇兩種生物:
[1:13.505]two different plants or two different animals. 兩種不同的植物或者兩種不同的動物。
[1:17.876]I think I would combine grapes and bananas. 我想我可以把葡萄和香蕉結合起來。
[1:21.079]Then I would have little, juicy bananas. 然后我可以吃小小的,有汁的香蕉。
[1:23.756]I would call them "grananas." 我可以稱它們?yōu)?ldquo;grananas”。
[1:26.409]Have you ever seen a "cowchick," Brian? 你見過“cowchick”嗎,布萊恩?
[1:29.986]That's what I would make. 那就是我想做的東西。
[1:32.125]It's a cow and a chicken. 是一頭牛,和一只雞。
[1:34.755]My new animal would make the biggest eggs in the world! 我的新動物將下世界上最大的蛋。
[1:38.776]I might combine a dinosaur and a rabbit. 我可以把一只恐龍和一只兔子結合在一起。
[1:42.563]Why, Danny? 為什么,丹尼?
[1:44.106]So the dinosaur could have nice, long ears! 這樣恐龍就能有長長的,漂亮耳朵。
[1:47.812]I've always wanted ears. 我一直想要耳朵。
[1:50.067]PROJECT 任務
[1:51.553]MAKE A NEW LIVING THING! 制造一種新生物!
[1:54.626]Do you know what a mule is? 你知道什么是騾子嗎?
[1:58.061]A mule is a special animal. 騾子是一種特殊的動物。
[2:01.383]It has a horse as a mother and a donkey as a father. 它的母親是馬,父親是驢。
[2:06.963]Maybe we should call mules "donses" or "horkeys"! 或許你應該叫騾子“騾馬”或“馬騾”!
[2:11.938]Mules are very helpful animals. 騾子是非常有幫助的動物。
[2:15.183]They are big like horses and strong like donkeys. 它們像馬一樣高大,像驢一樣強壯。
[2:20.131]What if you could combine other animals or plants to make something new? 如果你可以雜交其它動物或植物來制造出新事物的話會怎么樣呢?
[2:26.732]Think: 想一想:
[2:27.909]· What animals or plants would you choose? · 你會選擇什么動物或植物?
[2:31.179]Why? 為什么?
[2:32.468]· What would your new animal or plant be like? · 你的新動物或植物會是什么樣的?
[2:36.940]· What would you name your new animal or plant? · 你會給你的新動物或植物起什么名字?
[2:40.626]Why? 為什么?
[2:42.218]Write down your ideas. 寫出你的想法。
[2:44.415]Talk about them with your group. 小組討論。
[2:47.080]Draw a picture of your new animal or plant. 畫出你的新動物或植物的圖畫。
[2:51.440]Have fun! 盡情玩吧!
[2:52.825]When you combine things, you put them together — 混合事物的時候,你把它們放在一起——
[2:57.088]like tea and hot water! 像茶和開水一樣!
[2:57.088]___________________________________________.
[2:57.088]
[2:57.088]