The Royal Palace
皇宮
After waiting in line, Kathy and Evan finally enter the Swedish Royal Palace.
排隊后,凱西和艾凡終于進入瑞典皇宮。
K:Ooh! This is the most beautiful building I've ever seen!
凱西:哦!這是我所見過最漂亮的建筑物了!
E:It is magnificent. It compares with other great buildings here in Europe.
艾凡:真是宏偉壯麗,可以媲美歐洲其它偉大的建筑。
K:All the paintings and decorations! The royal family really knew how to live it up.
凱西:有那么多繪畫和裝飾品!皇室的的人可真懂得享受。
E:Most royal families in Europe lived beyond our wildest dreams. Some still do.
艾凡:以往大多數的歐洲皇室家族都過著超乎我們想象的奢侈生活。有些至今仍然如此。
K:You mean like the House of Windsor?
凱西:你的意思是像溫莎王室過的生活嗎?
E:Yes. Queen Elizabeth II is the world's richest woman, after all. And I believe the Queen of the Netherlands is the world's second richest.
艾凡:是的。畢竟,伊莉莎白二世是全世界最有錢的女人。而我相信荷蘭女王是世界上第二有錢的女人。
K:Imagine all that money!
凱西:想象一下有那么多錢該有多爽!
E:I prefer to imagine all that power.
艾凡:我寧愿想象有那么大的權力該有多爽。
K:Typical man!
凱西:典型的男人!
E:Anyway, let's go through some of the rooms here and pretend we'll be this rich some day.
艾凡:不管怎樣,咱們進去幾個房間瞧瞧,假裝將來有一天我們也會這么有錢吧。
K:Yeah, right! It's fun to dream, though. I think in every girl's heart, there's a dream about being a princess.
凱西: 沒錯!夢想不失為一大樂事。我認為在每個女孩心中都有個當公主的夢想。
E:And in every man's heart there is a princess...
艾凡:在每個男人心中也都有個公主……
K:Oh, Evan! I didn't know you were so romantic!
凱西:哦,艾凡!沒想到你這么羅曼蒂克!
單詞短語精講:
I .wait in line 排隊等待
2. magnificent 宏偉壯觀的
3. compare with…和……相比較
compare A with B 比較A與B
例:As fan as classical music is concerned,none can compare with Mozart and Beethoven.
(就古典音樂而言,沒有人可以與莫扎特和貝多芬相媲美。)
4. decoration 裝飾
例:The street decoration In Western cities before chrismas are a joyful sight.
(圣涎節(jié)前,西方城市的街道裝飾是一個充滿歡樂的景象。)
5. live it up享受生活
例:EveYy New YeaY's Eve,no matteY how bad the veaY just was,Westerners go out to fYiends' homes to live it u}, foY the night.
(不管那一年有多糟,每年除夕夜,西方人都會到朋友家去狂歡度過除
夕夜。)
6. beyond one's wildest dream超乎某人的想象
例:The wealth stoYed in jewels and antiques in the London ToweY is beyond most people's wildest dYeam.
(倫敦塔中收藏的珠寶和占董等財富超乎大部分人的想象。)
7. typical 典型的