今天的這段對話,在討論演出,
談一談演出的情況,你覺得這場演出怎么樣
來聽今天的講解:
A: so, are you enjoying the performance so far?
哎,到目前為止你喜歡這場演出嗎?
B: well, the costumes and the set are marvellous, but the acting is a bit stiff. What do you think?
恩,服裝和布景都很棒.但是演得有點兒呆板.你覺得呢?
A: I think you're being a little critical. The actor in the lead role is fantastic. I suppose the chorus could be a bit better, though.
我覺得你有點兒太挑剔了.男主角演得相當不錯.不過我覺得伴唱團還有點兒欠缺.
B: do you know anyone in the play?
你認識這部戲里的演員嗎?
A: actually, the woman playing Ophelia is a past classmate of mine.
其實,演奧利維亞的女演員是我過去的同班同學.
B: really? Is that why you wanted to come to the play?
真的嗎?你之所以來看這部戲是因為這個嗎?
A: that's only part of it. I absolutely adore this director. Every play he works on turns out great.
那只是一部分原因.我非常欣賞這部戲的導演.他導的每部戲都特別好看.
B: so you've seen other plays that he's directed?
那你還看過他執(zhí)導的其他戲劇嗎?
A: quite a few actually. By the way, after the play, there's always a big party for the cast and their friends. My friend has invited us. Do you want to go?
看過好幾部.順便提一下,演出結束后劇組為演員們和他們的朋友準備了一個慶功宴.我朋友邀請了咱們.你想去嗎?
B: sure, I'd love to meet the cast! Have you ever been in a play?
當然去,我想看看演員們.你演過戲劇嗎?
A: I've never had a part in a play before, but I used to be a part of the stage crew in high school.
我以前從來沒在什么劇里扮演過角色,不過中學的時候曾經做過后臺工作人員.
B: what did you do?
你是干什么的?
A: I helped build the sets and find props for the plays. What about you?
幫忙搭建布景,準備道具.你呢?
B: I once helped out with costumes, but I didn't enjoy it very much.
我曾經幫忙準備過服裝,不過我不怎么喜歡干那個.
A: why not?
為什么不喜歡?
B: I spent over three weeks sewing sequins on a coat.
我花了三個多星期的時間,給一件衣服縫上亮片.
A: that sounds kind of boring. Oh, look. They're dimming the lights. I think we should get back to our seats for the second half of the play.
聽起來是挺無聊的.哦,快看,燈光又調暗了.咱們還是趕緊回座位上去吧,下半場要開始了.