(1)coward 懦夫
I was, to my shame, a coward.
我很慚愧,我是個懦夫。
He's a coward and a bully who confuses physical strength with manhood.
他是一個懦夫,一個分不清蠻力和大丈夫氣概的恃強凌弱者。
But, at the same time, I admit that I was born a coward.
但是同時我不得不承認我是一個天生的懦夫。
I would be a coward if I left now.
如果我現在離開,就成了一個懦夫。
(2)wimp 軟骨頭
But he looks like such a wimp: I'm afraid he doesn't have the guts to handle a realcrisis when it comes up.
可是,他看起來像個軟骨頭。 我擔心,在真正發(fā)生危機的時候,他可能不會有足夠的勇氣來處理問題。
I was a wimp.
我是個窩囊廢。
What a wimp that boy is!
那真是個沒有骨氣的男孩。
(3)weakling 沒用的人
Think that weakling is a worthy opponent?
你認為那個懦夫配做我的對手嗎?
Next time I'll leave you in the trash, weakling!
下次我不幫你了,沒用的家伙!
You are a miserable weakling.
你是一個可憐的弱者。
(4)wuss 膽小鬼
Are you being a wuss?
你想當膽小鬼?
I'll tell you what kind-a coward, a wuss.
我告訴你們,是懦夫,是膽小鬼!
(5)craven 懦夫
No man wants to be thought a craven person.
沒有人希望被人認為是個懦夫。
A hero risks his life to help others; a craven runs from the scene.
英雄冒著生命危險去幫助別人;而懦夫卻臨陣脫逃。