Good morning, neighbor Scrapewell.
早上好,斯科利普韋爾。
I have half a dozen miles to ride today, and shall be extremely obliged if you will lend me your gray mare.
我今天要趕十幾英里路,如果你能把你的灰馬借我,我將感激不盡。
It would give me great pleasure to oblige you, friend Derby;
能夠幫你是我莫大的榮幸,德比;
but I am under the necessity of going to the mill this very morning, with a bag of corn.
但我今天一早就必須要到磨坊去,還要馱著一袋玉米。
My wife wants the meal to-day, and you know what a time there'll be if I disappoint her.
我妻子今天想吃粗糧,你知道,如果我讓她掃興了,日子得多難過。
Then she must want it still, for I can assure you the mill does not go today.
那么她一定會更想吃了,因為我可以向你保證,磨坊今天不開門。
I heard the miller tell Will Davis that the water was too low.
我聽說磨坊主跟威廉姆·戴維斯說水位太低了。
You don't say so! That is bad, indeed;
不見得吧!不過確實是太倒霉了;
for in that case I shall be obliged to gallop off to town for the meal.
那樣的話我就不得不騎馬飛奔著進城去弄粗糧了。
My wife would comb my head for me if I should neglect it.
如果我忽略了這件事,我妻子肯定會修理我的。
I can save you this journey, for I have plenty of meal at home,
我能讓你不必出門了,因為我家里有很多粗糧,
and will lend your wife as much as she wants.
可以借給你妻子,她要多少都行。
Ah! neighbor Derby, I am sure your meal would never suit my wife.
?。〉卤龋腋铱隙愕拇旨Z不符合我妻子的要求,
You can't conceive how whimsical she is.
你都想象不出她有多古怪。
If she were ten times more whimsical than she is, I am certain she would like it;
即使她比現在古怪十倍,我也敢肯定她會喜歡我的粗糧,
for you sold it to me yourself, and you assured me it was the best you ever had.
因為這些是你們賣給我的,你還保證說這是你們最好的。
Yes, yes! that's true, indeed; I always have the best of everything.
是的,是的!確實是事實;我的一切東西都總是最好的。
You know, neighbor Derby, that no one is more ready to oblige a friend than I am;
你看,德比,沒人比我更樂于助人了。
but I must tell you the mare this morning refused to eat hay;
但是我必須告訴你,今天早上灰馬拒絕吃草,
and, truly, I am afraid she will not carry you.
事實上,我是擔心它載不了你。