寓言故事是很多老師都推薦的課外讀物,在讀英語寓言故事的時候不僅能夠提升自己的英語成績,還能讓自己充實中外見聞,不愧是英語學習的絕佳推薦。下面是小編整理的關于中國寓言故事:人生三喻的資料,希望這篇寓言故事你會喜歡!
One day, Ping Gong, the King of the State of Jin, said to his minister Shi Kuang: "I am over 70 years old.
有一天,晉國君主晉平公對他的臣子師曠說:“我已經七十多歲了。
Though I "am eager to read some books, I feel it is too late."
雖然很想讀些書,但是,總覺得時間太晚了!”
Shi Kuang said: "Too late? Why don't you light the candle?"
師曠說: “時間太晚嗎?為卜么不把蠟燭點起來呢?”
Ping Gong said: "I am serious. But you go so far as to make fun of me!"
平公說: “我和你說正經話,怎么,你竟和我開起玩笑來了!”
Shi Kuang said: "How dare I, a blind minister, make fun of Your Majesty?
師曠說: “我這個雙目失明的臣子,哪里敢和大王開玩笑!
I heard that when a man in his youth is fond of studying, he is like the rising sun, brilliant and magnificent;
我聽說,一個人在少年的時候好學,就像初升的太陽那樣,輝煌而燦爛;
when a man in the prime of life is fond of studying, he is like the sun at noon, with still half a day's good time ahead;
壯年的時候好學,猶如正午的太陽,還有半天的好時光呢;
when a man in his old age is fond of studying, he is like the flame of a candle.
老年的時候好學,就像蠟燭的火焰一樣。
Though the light is failing, it is better than groping in the dark."
蠟燭的光亮雖然是有限的,但是有了它,總比在黑暗中摸索著前進要好些吧!”
Hearing Shi Kuang's words, Ping Gong of Jin said with pleasure:
聽了師曠的話,晉平公高興地說:
"How well you have put it!"
“你說得多好啊!”