delay
延遲;延期;耽擱
We are terriblely sorry for the delay.
我們對延誤表示非常抱歉。
The train was delayed.
火車延誤了。
turbulence
動蕩;湍流
We experienced severe turbulence during the flight.
我們在飛行中遇到了強烈的氣流。
take off
起飛;脫下
We evetually took off at 11 and arrived at 1:30
我們終于在11點起飛,在1點半抵達。
You should take off your shoes before entering the house.
進屋子之前你需要把鞋子脫了。
經(jīng)典對話
A: Is everything alright?
一切都正常吧?
B: Yes, everything's fine.
是的,還不錯。
A: What took so long? I thought your flight was about to arrive three hours ago.
怎么花了這么長時間?你的班機三小時之前就該到了。
B: Didn't they announce that our flight was delayed?
沒有廣播通知我們的班機晚點了嗎?
A: I didn't hear anything about a delay. I thought everything was running on time. What happened?
我沒有聽到任何關于晚點的廣播。我以為都會正常到達呢,出什么事兒啦?
B: We boarded the plane on time. But then we were held up for almost an hour due to a maintenance problem.
我們是準時登機的,但是后來由于設備維修,我們整整耽誤了將近一個鐘頭。
A: Then what? Your plane was three hours late!
那后來又出什么事兒了?你們可是晚點了三個鐘頭呢。
B: We finally took off. But about 30 minutes later, the capital came on the loudspeaker to warn us that there would be some bad turbulence for most of the flight.
后來我們好不容易起飛了,可是半個小時以后,機長廣播說,我們這次航程將會遇到很厲害的氣流。
A: The turbulence is pretty normal, isn't it?
遇到氣流很平常吧,對嗎?
B: Yes, but this was the worst turbulence I have ever experienced in my life. Everyone started getting sick. The flight attendants had to stay in their seats. The capital decided to land early.
是的??墒俏覐膩頉]有遇到過這么強的氣流,所有人都開始暈機,空乘人員也不得不在他們位子上坐好,機長決定提前降落。
A: So where did you land?
那你們在哪兒著陸了?
B: We landed in Southampton and waited an hour for the storms to pass and then took off again.
我們降落在南安普頓,在地面上等了一個小時,等暴風雪的氣流過去之后才再次起飛。
A: That sounds like a nightmare.
聽上去簡直是場噩夢。
B: It wasn't too bad. At least I'm alive.
也不是太糟糕,至少我還活著。
A: Have you had anything to eat?
你吃過飯了沒?
B: I managed to get a sandwich from a flight attendant. How about you?
空姐給我送過一個三明治,你呢?
A: I had a few coffees while I was waiting. Let's get out of here.
等你的時候,我喝了一點兒咖啡。咱們離開這兒。