實用表達(Useful Expressions)
I'm stuck in front of a computer all day.
我在電腦面前熬了一整夜。
I worry about my grades very much.
我非常擔心我的成績。
Don't take on more than you can handle. Plan ahead.
不要承受太多你應付不來的。提前計劃。
對話dialogue
A: Good morning. Did you sleep well last night?
早上好,你昨晚睡得好嗎?
B: I slept like a baby. I fell asleep right away last night, didn't wake up once and didn't have any nightmares.
我睡得像個嬰兒,我昨晚很快就睡著了,而且一次都沒有醒過,也沒有做噩夢。
A: That's great news. You look much more relaxed than you did yesterday.
這可是個好消息,你看上去比昨天輕松多了。
B: I feel much better, but I'm still worried about something.
我覺得好多了,可是對有些事情還是有些擔心。
A: What's that?
擔心什么?
B: Well, I have to drive to school for a meeting this morning and I'm going to end up getting stuck in rush-hour traffic.
我今天上午要開車去學校開個會,我肯定會遇到上班高峰兒,堵在路上。
A: That's annoying, but nothing to worry about.
這的確挺煩人的,但沒有什么可擔心的。
B: For me, traffic jams are quite stressful because I'm pretty impatient. How can I prevent myself from getting stressed if I get stuck in a traffic jam?
對于我來說,堵車會讓我非常焦慮,因為我特別沒有耐心。如果遇到堵車,怎么才能讓自己不那么緊張呢?
A: Just breathe deeply when you feel yourself getting upset.
當你覺得心情不好的時候就深呼吸。
B: Okay, I'll try that.
我會試試看的。
A: Is there anything else bothering you?
還有什么其他的事情讓你煩心嗎?
B: Just one more thing. A school called me this morning to see if I could teach a few classes this weekend and I don't know what to do.
還有一件事,有個學校今天早上打電話給我,問我愿不愿意這周末去他們那兒教幾節(jié)課,我不知道該怎么辦。
A: Do you have any other plans this weekend?
你周末有什么其他的安排嗎?
B: I'm supposed to work on a paper that's due on next Monday.
我要寫一篇下周一要交的論文。
A: Try not to take on more than you can handle.
不要承擔太多你應付不了的事情。
B: You are right. I probably should just work on my paper. Thanks.
你說的對。我是應該只專心寫我的論文,謝謝。