"Just shoot me now"可不是讓你開槍!
I'd rather die
我寧可去死
I'd rather die than wait for three hours.
我寧愿去死也不要等三個小時。
Conversation:
A: We've been at this mall for three hours. How much longer will you be?
我們已經在這個商場呆了三個小時了,你還要呆多久?
B: I need some new shoes and still have to buy a gift for my sister.
我需要一些新鞋,還得給我妹妹買個禮物。
A: So you will only need another thirty minutes, right?
所以你只需要30分鐘,對吧?
B: In your dreams. I'll be at least another three to four hours.
做夢,我至少還有三到四個小時。
A: Why so long?
為什么這么久?
B: I also have to buy some new clothes for work and you could do with a few new business shirts and ties.
我還要為工作買一些新衣服,而且你需要一些新的商務襯衫和領帶。
A: Just shoot me now.
干脆讓我死了算了。
B: Look, to save time, let's go our separate ways. You get what you need while I'm buying what I need. We can meet back at the car in ninety minutes.
為了節(jié)省時間,我們分頭行動。我買我需要的東西,你買你需要的。我們可以90分鐘后在車上碰面。
A: But I hate buying clothes on my own. I never know whether they look good or not.
但我討厭自己買衣服,我不知道它們是否好看。