rock-hard
像石頭一樣堅硬
crystal-clear
像水晶一樣清楚
dog-tired
像狗一樣疲倦
paper-thin
像紙一樣薄
A: Hey, Rob. I just got a call from a friend. She wants to rent out her apartment.
嗨,Rob,我剛接到一個朋友打來的電話,她想出租他的公寓。
B: Are you serious? How much is it?
你當真?多少錢呢?
A: It's dirt cheap. Only $100 a month. Although that doesn't include electricity or any other utilities.
便宜的不得了,一個月只要100美元。不過沒有包括用電或其他公共設施服務費用。
B: Fantastic. When can I take a look?
棒了,我什么時候可以看一看?
A: Tonight if you want. However, there's one drawback.
如果你想的話,今天晚上可以,不過有一個缺點。
B: What is it?
是什么呢?
A: It's on the sixth floor and the building doesn't have an elevator, just stairs.
那間公寓在六樓。而且,那棟樓沒有電梯,只有樓梯。
B: Damn.
可惡。
A: Look on the bright side. You'll get heaps of exercise running up and down all those steps.
往好的方面看,你沿著樓梯跑上跑下的時候能大量運動。
B: I don't know. I hate climbing stairs. Tell you what, I'm off to the gym. I'll think about it while I'm doing my workout and get back to you tomorrow.
我不清楚,我討厭爬樓梯。這樣說吧,我要去健身房了,我會在鍛煉的時候想一想,明天在給你答復。
A: Cool bananas.
好極了。