It's quite a ways.
它有點兒遠。
It's quite a ways.
挺遠的;相當遠
That's quite a long ways from here,isn't it?
那離這里挺遠的,不是嗎?
"a ways"是美式英語的說法,可以解釋為“a long distance”。“a ways”也可以寫成“a way”或者“a long ways”。
A:Excuse me.Do you know where I can find the nearest ICBC?
打擾一下。您知道最近的工商銀行在哪里嗎?
B:Yes,but it's quite a ways.
知道,不過有點遠。
A:Do I need to take a bus?
要乘坐公共汽車嗎?
B:This bus doesn't take you directly there.You'd have to change buses twice.I suggest you walk.It'll take you less than 20minutes.
這路公共汽車不能直達。您要換兩次車。我建議您步行去。不到二十分鐘就到了。
A:How do I get there on foot?
步行怎么走?
B:Go straight ahead through the intersection.
一直往前走。穿過十字路口。
A:Wait,let me write down...Alright,I'm ready.
等等,讓我記下來。好了,我準備好了。
B:Keep walking till you pass the square,then turn right.Walk past two lights and turn left at the third.
一直往前走,過了 廣場后右拐。走過兩個紅綠燈后,到第三個往左拐。
A:Square...turn right...traffic lights...And then?
廣場.....右拐.....紅綠燈....然后呢?
B:Keep walking and look for a tall building.
繼續(xù)走,找一幢高樓。
A:Tall building....Which side is the building on?
高樓...這幢高樓在哪里呢?
B:The right side.ICBC should be on the first floor.
右邊。工商銀行應該就在這幢樓的一層。
A:Thank you very much.
非常感謝。
B:You're welcome.
不客氣。