昨天的會議幵得怎么樣?
I How did the meeting go yesterday?
會議開得很順利。
The meeting went just fine.
• 反義句:The meeting didn't go well.
你說得沒錯。
Tell me about it.
For example:
A: Aren't you glad it's Friday?今天是星期五,你不覺得高興嗎?
B: Tell me about it.你說得沒錯。
我最討厭重復做同一個工作。
I would hate to duplicate the work.
For example:
A: Aren't you glad the work is done?工作都做完了,你不覺得高興嗎?
B: I would hate to duplicate the work.我最討厭重復做同一個工作。
如果有什么亊情我可以做的話,盡管說。
Let me know if there's something I can do.
For example:
A: Let me know if there's something I can do.
如果有什么事情我可以做的話,盡管說。
B: Thanks. I appreciate that.謝謝你,我很感激。
你這一季度的銷售額如何?
How are your sales looking this quarter?
For example:
A: How are your sales looking this quarter?你這一季度的銷售額如何?
B: Unfortunately, overall sales are down this quarter.
很不幸,這一季度的總銷售額下降了。
• How...looking? 怎么樣?
你有沒有聽到銷售部門的消息?
Did you hear about the marketing department?
For example:
A: Did you hear about the marketing department?
你有沒有聽到銷售部門的消息?
B: I don't know.我不知道。
到底是怎么一回事?
What is the deal?
What is going on?
For example:
A: Did you hear about the takeover?你有沒有聽到接管的消息?
B: What is the deal?到底是怎么一回事?
那個日本項目進行得怎么樣?
What is the status on the Japan project?
How is the Japan project coming along?
For example:
A: What is the status on the Japan project?那個日本項目進行得怎么樣?
B: I keep you posted on the status.我會隨時告訴你進展的情形。
• What is the status on...? 進行得怎么樣?
誰會來接任他的職位?
Who will fill his position?
For example:
A: Who will fill his position?誰會來接任他的職位?
B: John will fill his position.約翰會來接任他的職位。
我聽說約翰辭職了。
I heard John quit his job.
For example:
A: I heard John quit his job.我聽說約翰辭職了。
B: Yes,he gave his two weeks notice today.
是的,他今天遞交了提前兩周的辭呈。
• quit one's job 辭職
公司正在裁員。
The company is laying off people.
For example:
A: The company is laying off people.公司正在裁員。
B: Any idea who will be丨aid off?你知道誰會被栽員嗎?
• lay off辭退(臨時)解雇
這個汽車廠估計要解雇50名工人。
The auto plants are expected to lay off 50 workers.
新的政策是什么?
What is the new policy?
For example:
A: What is the new policy?新的政策是什么?
B: I don't know exactly.我知道得不確切。
你們的部門生意做得如何?
How is business in your department?
How is your department doing?
For example:
A: How is business in your department?你們的部門生意做得如何?
B: Not very good ,I'm afraid.恐怕并不是很好。
我們24小時不停地工作。
We are working around the clock.
For example:
A: I've heard your department is really putting in the overtime.
我聽說你們部門最近加班加得厲害。
B: We are working around the clock.我們 24 小時不停地工作。
你今晚可以加班嗎?
Could you work overtime tonight?
For example:
A: Could you work overtime tonight?你今晚可以加班嗚?
B: For how long?要加班多久?
你擁有公司的股票嗎?
Do you own any company stock?
For example:
A: Do you own any company stock?你擁有公司的股票嗎?
B: I invested a lot in the company stock.我對公司的股票投資很多。
你知道我們公司提供什么福利嗎?
Do you know anything about the benefits our company offers?
For example:
A: Do you know anything about the benefits our company offers?
你知道我們公司提供什么福利嗎?
B: No,丨h(huán)ave a handbook, though.不知道,但是我有一本手冊。
你今天下午有空嗎?
Are you available this afternoon?
Are you free this afternoon?
For example:
A: Are you available this afternoon?你今天下午有空嗎?
B: I am available all afternoon.我整個下午都有空。
• be available 有空
你們什么時候可以把項目完成?
When will you have the project finished?
For example:
A: When will you have the project finished?
你們什么時候可以把項目完成?
B: I'll have the project finished tomorrow.我明天就可以把項目完成。
我們的進度有一點兒落后。
We are running a little behind schedule.
For example:
A: We are running a little behind schedule.我們的進度有一點兒落后。
B: How far behind schedule?落后了 多少?
• behind schedule落后于預定計劃(或時間)
你認為還要多久才能完成?
How long do you think will be before it's done?
For example:
A: How long do you think will be before it's done?
你認為還要多久才能完成?
B: My guess is another week or so.我猜還需要一個星期左右。
你星期五能不能幫我代班?
Could you cover me on Friday?
For example:
A: Could you cover me on Friday?你星期五能不能幫我代班?
B: I think so. But let me check my schedule.
我想可以。但是先讓我查查我的時間表。
• cover for sb.替某人代班
你準備好要離開了嗎?
Are you getting ready to leave?
For example:
A: Are you getting ready to leave?你準備好要離開 了嗎?
B: Yes,can you cover for me at the meeting?
是的,會議上你可否替我處理一下?
你不在時,有什么事情要我?guī)湍阕?
Anything I can do for you white you are out?
For example:
A: Anything I can do for you while you are out?
你不在時,有什么事情要我?guī)湍阕?
B: If you could just answer my phone calls I would appreciate it.
如果你能幫我接電話我會很感激。
• be out外出
約翰生病時,有沒有人幫忙處理他該處理的亊情?
Does John have someone cover his appointments while he is sick?
For example:
A: Does John have someone cover his appointments while he is sick?
約翰生病時,有沒有人幫忙處理他該處理的事情?
B: I don't think so.我想沒有。
• be sick 生病
你可以過來一下嗎?
Could you come here for a minute?
For example:
A: Could you come here for a minute?你可以過來一下嗎?
B: Sure. What's up?可以的,什么事?
你能幫我一個忙嗎?
Could you do me a favor? Could you help me with this?
For example:
A: Could you do me a favor?你能幫我一個忙嗎?
B: Sure!可以的。
要我?guī)褪裁疵?
How can I help?
What do you need?
For example:
A: How can 1 help?要我?guī)褪裁疵?
B: I hope that I can get this proposal done before the managers meeting.
我希望在開經理會議前,可以把這個提案做完。
約翰很快就會辭職。
John is going to resign his position soon.
John is going to quit soon.
For example:
A: John is going to resign his position soon.約翰很快就會辭職。
B: How do you figure that?你怎么知道的?
你有沒有聽說兩點的會議取消了?
Did you hear that the two o'clock meeting was canceled?
For example:
A: Did you hear that the two o'clock meeting was canceled?
你有沒有聽說兩點的會議取消了?
B: No. Who told you?沒有,誰告訴你的?
• cancel(vt.)取消 cancellation( n.)
隨便你。
It's up to you.
For example:
A: Where should I put this computer at?
我應該把這個電腦放在哪里?
B: It's up to you.隨便你。
如果你在我的處境,你會怎么做?
What would you do in my place?
For example:
A: What would you do in my place?
如果你在我的處境,你會怎么做?
B: I can't say. It is up to you.我不能說。你要自己做決定。
• 本句的完整形式是 What would you do if you were in my place?
這一次我很幸運。
I lucked out on this one.
• luck out, luck into, luck through 饒幸成功,靠運氣行事
我聽得不太懂。
I couldn't quite follow.
I couldn't quite follow.
I didn't follow.
I didn't catch.
I just got lost.
如果你愿意的話,我可以做。
I'll take it if you want.
For example:
A: Do you know anyone who can do this report today?
你知不知道有誰今天能做這份報告?
B: I'll take it if you want.如果你愿意的話,我可以做。
這個星期你要做什么?
What do you have to work on this week?
For example:
A: What do you have to work on this week?這個星期你要做什么?
B: I've got to finish the report for Mr. Lin.我必須替林先生完成這份報告。
我會盡力而為。
I'll do my best.
For example:
A: I really need this report to look good.這份報告必須做得有模有樣。
B: I'll do my best.我會盡力而為。
• do one's best竭盡全力
We shall do our best to help him.我們將全力幫助他。
歡迎你隨時來。
Come over any time.
For example:
A: I'll have to get over there and see your new office.
我必須到你那兒去看看你的新辦公室。
B: Yes, come over any time.好的,歡迎你隨時來。
我什么時候可以休息?
When am I eligible to take my vacation days?
For example:
A: When am I eligible to take my vacation days?我什么時候可以休息?
B: After your six month probationary period.試用 6 個月之后。
• eligible合格的,適宜的,接名詞時通常加for
每一年我可以有幾天的休假日?
How many vacation days do I earn per year?
For example:
A: How many vacation days do I earn per year?
每一年我可以有幾天的休假曰?
B: Ten days, or eighty hours. 10 天或者是說80 小時。
你不能在正常的時間做完這個工作嗎?
Can you not finish it in regular hours?
For example:
A: Can you not finish it in regular hours?
你不能在正常的時間做完這個工作嗎?
B: We underestimated the scope of the project.
我們低估了這個工作所牽涉的范圍。
我該怎么寫這份報告?
How shall I write the report?
For example:
A: How shall I write the report?我該怎么寫這份報告?
B: See if you can type an abstract and a body.
看看你能不能先打一個大綱和一個主體。
你今天有沒有看股價?
Have you seen the stock price today?
For example:
A: Have you seen the stock price today?你今天有沒有看股價?
B: Yes, it is down a half.有的,跌得只剩下一半。
我怎么也找不到這個文件。
I cannot find this file anywhere.
For example:
A: I cannot find this file anywhere.我怎么也找不到這個文件。
B: That's what I was afraid of.我就擔心這種事會發(fā)生。
這并不是我對我們部門的構想。
This is not what I had in mind for our department.
For example:
A: This is not what I had in mind for our department.
這并不是我對我們部門的構想。
B: Well, it was the best I could do.嗯,我已經盡了我最大的努力去做。
可以下班了。
Time to call it a day.
For example:
A: Time to call it a day.可以下班了。
B: I can't. I am far from done on this proposal.
我不行。這個方案要做完還早著呢。
這個交易何時可以最后簽字?
When will the deal be finalized for signature?
For example:
A: When will the deal be finalized for signature?
這個交易何時可以最后簽字?
B: Tuesday afternoon at the latest.最遲是在星期二下午。
沒經書面批準,我不能給你。
I can't give that out without written approval.
For example:
A: I need the finalized version of the cost agreement.
我需要價格協議書的最后版本。
B: I can,t give that out without written approval.
沒經書面批準,我不能給你。
• written approval 書面批準
你介意移動這部電腦嗎?
Would you mind moving the computer?
For example:
A: Would you mind moving the computer?你介意移動這部電腦嗎?
B: Sure, just one second.沒問題,請等一下。
已經到了最后完成的階段。
We are in the final stage.
For example:
A: What's the latest on our presentation?簡報進展如何?
B: We are in the final stage.已經到了最后完成的階段。
• in the final stage已到最后關頭,最后階段
你預定什么時候出差?
When are you going to be out of the office?
When are you going to be on business?
For example:
A: When are you going to be out of the office?你預定什么時候出差?
B: I am scheduled to be out all of next week.我預定下星期整周都出去。
• be out of the office 出差
沒什么,只是有點兒誤會。
Nothing just a little misunderstanding.
For example:
A: What's the deal?怎么回事?
B: Nothing, just a little misunderstanding.沒什么,只是有點兒誤會。
對這些舊文件的處置你有什么建議嗎?
What would you suggest I do with these old files?
What would you suggest I deal with these old files?
For example:
A: What would you suggest I do with these old files?
對這些舊文件的處置你有什么建議嗎?
B: I would shred them.我會把它們攪碎。
• do with 處置
關于這一份報告你有什么想法呢?
What are your thoughts on this report?
For example:
A: What are your thoughts on this report?關于這一份報告你有什么想法呢?
B: I think it is very well written.我認為這份報告寫得非常好。
你那篇報告情況如何了?
What is the condition of your report?
For example:
A: What is the condition of your report?你那篇報告情況如何了?
B: I am almost done.我快要做完了。
• What is the condition of... 情況如何?
我們還在等林先生的批準。
We are still waiting on approval from Mr. Lin.
For example:
A: What is our status concerning the new computer?
關于新電腦我們目前情況如何呢?
B: We are still waiting on approval from Mr. Lin.我們還在等林先生的批準。
我們不停地在趕工。
We are going non-stop.
For example:
A: We are going non-stop.我們不停地在趕工。
B: I come in tonight to relieve you.我今天晚上會來替你。
我們需要有人替代一下。
We need someone to fill in.