咚!嘿!咚!嘿!
D: Did somebody say something?
有人在說話嗎?
Y: Yes, over here, hello!?!
是的,在這里。你好?
D: Oh, hi Yaël. What a sec, let my take my earplugs out. Man, drums are loud.
哦,嗨Yaël. 等我一下,我把耳塞拿出來。鼓聲實在是太大了。
Y: Tell me about it! What are you doing? Starting a rock band?
告訴我,你敲鼓干什么?開搖滾樂隊嗎?
D: Nope. I'm working out.
沒,我在鍛煉身體。
Y: Uh, OK. It looked to me like you were nurturing your inner John Bonham.
呃,好吧。據我看,你就是在模仿John Bonham.
D: Well, maybe I was living out my rock star fantasies, but I'm also working up a sweat.
嗯,也許我是要活出我的搖滾明星夢,但我也出了一身的汗。
Did you know that during a rock show the drummer's heart rate can get as high as 179 beats
per minute?
你知道嗎?搖滾演出的時候鼓手的心率能達到每分鐘179下。
Y: Wow! That's like professional athlete range.
哇!那就好比職業(yè)運動員的心率范圍。
D: Yep. Rock drummers burn something like six-hundred calories per hour.
是的。搖滾鼓手每小時要燃燒六百卡路里。
Y: How do you know all this?
你是怎么知道這些的?
D: I'm a big fan of the rock group Blondie. Remember them from the 1970s and early '80s?
我是搖滾樂隊Blondie的忠實粉絲。70年代末80年代初就知道他們了。
Anyhow, the group's drummer, Clem Burke, has been working with scientists to study whatdrumming does for the body. Turns out it could be a great form of exercise.
總之,他們的鼓手,Clem Burke,一直在與科學家研究打鼓對身體的好處。事實證明這可能會是一種很棒的健身形式。
Y: I can see that. You're using both arms and legs at the same time, and if you're playing a fastsong, that really takes a lot of energy.
我知道。你要同時動用雙臂和雙腿,而且如果你在演奏快歌,那確實是要耗很大能量的。
D: Exactly. And it's more fun than running on a treadmill like a hamster on a wheel.
的確。但那會比在跑步機上跑步有意思,后者就像是繞著轉輪跑的倉鼠。
Y: So are we going to see drumming fitness centers in the near future?
所以在不久的將來我們會看到擊鼓健身俱樂部嗎?
D: Maybe. There's still more research to be done on drumming as exercise. But drummingcould very well emerge as a new fitness trend.
也許吧。但還需要做些深入研究。但是打鼓很可能成為一個新的健身趨勢。