這是“托缽冥想”。目的是端水碗時不灑出碗里的水。
Now, the idea is that you can do this through theapplication of Zen,
你可以通過禪的應用來做到。
because if you think you're carrying a bowl of water,you're bound to shake and lose some.
因為如果關注著正在端一碗水這件事你肯定會抖,灑掉許多。
But if you clear your mind completely, you will complete the task successfully.
但如果完全清除雜念,你就能圓滿完成這個任務。
In the West a lot of people have heard of Zen.
許多西方人都聽說過禪,
It's something that is quite popular.
好像還挺流行的。
Do you think that's partly because people's lives are so demanding and Zen offers a way outfrom that?
你是否認為部分原因是生活中充滿欲求,而禪為此提供了一條出路?
I think not only the West are very busy, now Asia is more busy!
我想不僅是西方人忙忙碌碌,亞洲人更是忙上加忙!
It's true!
千真萬確!
It's very money-oriented, everybody worry about the living,
金錢至上,每個人都為生計而憂心。
so it's very important our mind know how to relax and to be living at this moment and to keepclear.
所以懂得放松精神、活在當下和保持清醒就顯得格外重要。
So if you can live in this present, even if some problem appear, it's OK.
若能活在當下,就算出現(xiàn)問題也不要緊。
You have this clear mind and you are not agitated.
你有清晰的思維,就不會焦慮不安。
I think these are very important practice for everybody.
我認為這些是對每一個人都非常重要的實修。
Zen practitioners today don't like to use specific words to limit what Zen is,
今天的禪修者并不喜歡用特定的詞語來限定“禪”的含義。
But if you want to find a definition for the practice, probably as close as you'll get is that thisis something,
如果你一定要找到參禪的定義,你能得到的最接近的解釋,就是這是一種信念,
that really believes in the power of intuition and in a kind of productive simplicity.
相信直覺的力量,相信萬法歸一。
I can see that cherishing intuition, living for the moment, living day by day, with a clear mind,is a very productive way to spend your time.
珍視直覺,活在當下,在清晰的思維中度過每一天,讓生命充滿意義。
Perhaps it explains why of all brands of Buddhism, Zen has become particularly attractive tothose who live in our demanding 21st century.
或者這可以解釋佛教的所有分支中,對活在物欲橫流的21世紀的人們而言“禪”獨具魅力的原因。