1.疑問副詞,連接副詞和關系副詞都放在句子或從句的開頭,如:
How did you like that film?
你覺得那個電影怎樣?
That's where you are wrong.
這就是你不對的地方。
I still remember the day when we first met.
我還記得我們第一次見面的日子。
此外一些修飾整個句子的副詞也多放在句首:
Luckily Peter was there.
幸好彼得在那里。
Evidently I am to blame for it.
顯然這事得怪我。
另外一些時間副詞也可放在這個位置:
Occasionally we go to concerts together.
偶爾我們一道去聽音樂會。
Sometimes they quarreled too.
有時候他們也吵架。
2.程度副詞一般都放在它們所修飾的詞前面:
I am awfully sorry for it.
這事我非常抱歉。
We meet fairly often.
我們見面的時候相當多。
I don't quite agree with you.
我不完全同意你的意見。
enough通常放在它所修飾的詞后面:
I didn't work hard enough.
我工作不夠努力。
3.少數(shù)副詞位置非常靈活,例如only(a),even(b)和perhaps(c):
a.Only he speaks French,we all speak English.
只有他說法語,我們都講英語。
He can only read.He can't speak.
他只能閱讀,不能開口。
He speaks only French,He doesn't speak English.
他只講法語,不會講英語。
He spoke only for two minutes.
他只講了兩分鐘。
b.Even the teacher doesn't know this word.
連老師都不認識這個字。
He can't even understand it,not to say translate it.
他連懂都不懂更不用說翻譯了。
Even at night he seldom relaxed.
連晚上他也很少休息。
c. Perhaps you are right.
You are perhaps right.
You are right perhaps.
或許你是對的。