Ron: Hi, I'm Ron from Hawaii. I'm here with Mari from Japan. Today we're gonna be talking about food. So Mari, what's your favorite cuisine?
Ron:你好,我是Ron,來自夏威夷。現在和來自日本的Mari在一起。今天我要討論食物。Mari,你最喜歡的菜肴是什么呢?
Mari: I think I like American food.
Mari: 我想是美國食物。
Ron: What type of American food?
Ron:哪種美國食物?
Mari: I like hamburgers.
Mari: 我喜歡漢堡包。
Ron: Hamburgers. Is that your favorite dish as well?
Ron:漢堡包,那也是你最喜歡你最喜愛的菜嗎?
Mari: That is my favorite dish. My favorite hamburger place is right near where I went to university and they have this hamburger called the Danish Burger, and the Danish Burger has blue cheese inside the hamburger, so I love ... my favorite dish has to be the Danish Burger.
Mari:那是我最喜愛的菜。我最喜歡的漢堡店就在我大學的附近,那里有一種漢堡叫丹麥漢堡,它里面含有藍色的奶酪。因此我愛。。。我最喜歡的食物必須是它啊。
Ron: Do you like any side things like french fries with your hamburger?
Ron:你喜歡漢堡里面放些薯條這樣的東西嗎?
Mari: I love french fries but I know that eating hamburger and french fries is a little bit unhealthy so I always replace the french fries for a salad.
Mari:我喜歡薯條,但我知道薯條和漢堡同時吃有點不健康,所以我總是用一個沙拉來代替薯條。
Ron: A salad. OK. What about dessert? What's your favorite dessert?
Ron: 一個沙拉,好的,甜點呢?你最喜歡的甜點是什么啊?
Mari: My favorite dessert has to be chocolate cake.
Mari: 我最喜歡的甜點就是巧克力蛋糕。
Ron: Chocolate cake. Anything else? Do you like to eat it with anything?
Ron:巧克力蛋糕,還有呢,你喜歡加點什么東西一起吃嗎?
Mari: No, I like chocolate cake by itself. Anything else? I like brownie sundaes, like brownies and choc ... brownies with vanilla ice-cream. I guess my favorite dessert is anything chocolaty.
Mari:不,我就喜歡巧克力蛋糕, 其他的,我喜歡巧克力圣代冰淇淋。比如巧克力香草冰淇淋。我想我的最愛就是含有巧克力的。
Ron: Sounds good. So before you said you like to eat a salad. What type of salad, what type of vegetables do you like?
Ron:聽起來很好,剛才你說過喜歡吃沙拉,哪種沙拉,你喜歡哪種蔬菜?
Mari: I like all vegetables. I like them cooked or raw but I don't like raw onions.
Mari: 我喜歡所有的蔬菜,煮的生的都喜歡,但是我不喜歡生洋蔥。
Ron: Not raw onions.
Ron:不生的洋蔥。
Mari: I really can't eat onions raw. That's probably the only vegetable I can't eat raw.
Mari:我真的不能吃生的洋蔥,那是唯一我不生吃的蔬菜。
Ron: That's interesting. Thanks Mari.
Ron:真好玩,謝謝你,Mari。
Vocabulary
詞匯
cuisine
菜肴,烹飪
What's your favorite cuisine?
你最喜歡的菜肴是什么?
'Cuisine' talks about a style of cooking or kinds of food from different countries. Note the following:
“Cuisine”講的就是一種烹飪方式和不同國家的食物。注意以下事項:
Thai cuisine is too spicy for me.
對我來說,泰國菜太辣了。
I prefer Italian to French cuisine.
與法國菜相比,我更喜歡意大利菜。
side things
小菜
Do you like any side things like french fries with your hamburger?
你喜歡吃漢堡的時候吃些薯條這樣的小菜嗎?
A side thing or side dish is a small amount of food serverd with the main course. Note the following:
小菜就是和主菜一起呈上的小額的食物。注意以下事項:
I never order side things like fries, just burgers.
我從不點像薯條這樣的副菜,就吃漢堡。
The set includes side things like soup and salad.
這頓飯有湯和沙拉等副菜。
replace
代替
I always replace the french fries for a salad.
我總是用沙拉代替薯條。
At a restaurant we can sometimes change one dish for another. Note the following:
在飯館里,我們有時候能一道一道的換菜。注意以下事項:|
Can I replace the soup with a salad?
我能換掉這湯,來份沙拉嗎?
It's time to replace the battery in my watch.
是時候更換我表里的電池了。
has to be
必須,不得不
My favorite dessert has to be chocolate cake.
我最喜歡的食物就是巧克力蛋糕。
'Has to be' is simlar in meaning to 'must be'. Note the following:
‘Has to be'的意思和‘must be’相似,注意以下事項:
The greatest golfer ever has to be Tiger Woods.
史上最偉大的高爾夫球手一定是泰格伍茲。
Whoa! It has to be the hottest day of the year.
哇,這絕對是今年最熱的一天。
raw
生的,未加工的
I really can't eat onions raw.
我真的不能吃生洋蔥。
'Raw' means not cooked. Note the following:
'Raw'的意思是沒煮的。注意以下事項:|
Sushi is basically raw fish.
壽司其實就是生魚。
Raw vegetables are healthier than cooked vegetables.
生鮮蔬菜要比煮過的蔬菜更健康。