LESSON 3 SHOPPING
Rumei: This shopping centre is great. It's sunny and very large.
如梅:這家購物中心可真大呀!這里陽光明媚,地方寬敞。
Dashan: The West Edmonton Mall is the largest shopping centre in North America. You can shop, eat, ice skate, see a movie and ride on a roller coaster here.
大山:西埃德蒙頓商場是北美最大的購物中心,在這里,你可以購物、就餐、滑冰、看電影,還可以玩過山車呢。
Rumei: Wow! It has a skating rink and a roller coaster. That's unusual.
如梅:哎呀,這里有滑冰場和過山車,真少見啊。
Yunbo: Can you find shopping centres all over Canada?
云波:加拿大各地都有大型購物中心嗎?
Dashan: Yes, most Canadian cities have shopping malls. Shopping malls are very convenient. You can buy everything under one roof.
大山:是,多數(shù)加拿大城市都有購物街,在購物街購物非常方便。不挪地方(under one roof )什么都能買上。
Rumei: Under one roof? What does that mean?
如梅:Under one roof 是什么意思?
Dashan: It means... In one place.
大山:意思是……“在同一個地方”。
Rumei: Oh, I get it. UNDER ONE ROOF.
如梅:喔,我明白了,這叫under one roof。
Yunbo: In China, Rumei and I always shop in department stores or in small shops on the street.
云波:在中國如梅和我總是在百貨商場或者去街上的小商店里買東西。
Rumei: Yunbo likes to shop in department stores, but I like to shop in small stores.
如梅:云波喜歡上百貨商店買東西,但我喜歡去小商店。
Dashan: Well, I rarely shop. I'm usually too busy. Sometimes I shop for food, but that's all.
大山:我嘛,我是很少購物。 我有時上街買點吃的,僅此而已。
Yunbo: Oh, look. I see an ice cream shop. Let's get ice cream cones.
云波:哎,你們看,冰淇淋屋,我們買點蛋卷冰淇淋吧。
Rumei: Yes, let's take a break.
如梅:對。我們休息一會兒吧。
Dashan: Good idea. I love ice cream. I always get mint chocolate chip. What flavour do you usually get?
大山:好主意。我特別喜歡吃冰淇淋。我總是吃薄荷巧克力味的。你們一般吃什么味的?
Yunbo: Well, I usually get vanilla, but Rumei always gets strawberry. I'll get the ice cream. It's my treat.
云波:我一般吃香草味的,如梅總是吃草莓的。 我去買冰淇淋。 我來請客。
Dashan: Thanks, Yunbo.
大山:多謝啦,云波。
Rumei: Dashan, I want to buy a souvenir for my brother in Shanghai.
如梅:大山,我想給我上海的弟弟買件禮品。
Dashan: Let's find a souvenir store. We can ask for directions at the information desk.
大山:那我們找一家禮品店吧。 我們可以到問訊處去問路。
Rumei: Mmm... This ice cream is delicious.
如梅:啊,冰淇淋真好吃啊。
Dashan: Yes, it's wonderful. Thanks, Yunbo.
大山:是啊,真棒。謝謝你,云波。
Yunbo: My pleasure. I'm glad you like it.
云波:還客氣什么,你們喜歡我就很高興了。