今天的這段對話,在討論點餐,
在印度餐館打算點些什么菜
來聽今天的講解:
A: We were really lucky. We got the last available table for two and we didn't even have a reservation. Did you see the long lines behind us?
我們真的很幸運。我們訂了最后一張兩人桌,甚至都沒有預訂。你看到我們身后的長隊了嗎?
B: Yeah, glad that we didn't have to wait long, I'm starving.
是的,很高興我們不用等太久,我餓死了。
A: Let's take a look at the menu, so we can order. Do you want to choose an appetizer for us to share?
讓我們看一下菜單,這樣我們就可以點菜了。你想選一個開胃菜我們一起吃嗎?
B: What would you rather have? Samosas or poppadoms?
你想要什么?薩莫薩三角餃還是(印度)油炸薄餅?
A: I heard that one of their specialties is the samosa.
我聽說他們的特產之一是薩莫薩三角膠。
B: Well, let's get a plate of those then.
那我們來一盤。
A: Sounds good. What are you going to have for your main course?
聽起來不錯。你的主菜是什么?
B: I think I might have a dahl.
我想我可能會來一份達爾。
A: What's in a dahl?
達爾有什么?
B: It's got chickpeas and vegetables in a spicy curry sauce with rice.
有鷹嘴豆和蔬菜,加上咖喱辣醬和米飯。
A: That sounds nice. Do you want to share some kebabs as well.
聽起來不錯。你想和我一起吃烤肉串嗎?
B: Okay, how about some lamb kebabs?
好吧,來點羊肉串怎么樣?
A: That's my favorite. Do you want to have some wine or beer?
那是我最喜歡的。你想喝點酒還是啤酒?
B: I think I'll have a beer.
我想喝杯啤酒。
A: Okay, Shall I call the waitress?
好的,我叫服務員好嗎?
B: I wouldn't recommend it. I think we should wait until she comes round.
我不推薦。我想我們應該等她過來。
A: You're right. That might seem a bit rude.
你說得對。那可能有點粗魯。