今天的這段對話,在討論擔心的事,
每個人都有很擔心的事,怎么才能讓自己不那么緊張
來聽今天的講解:
A: good morning!
早上好!
B: good morning, Gav! Did you sleep well last night?
早上好,蓋文!你昨晚睡得好嗎?
A: I slept like a baby. I fell asleep right away last night, didn't wake up once, and didn't have nay nightmares!
我睡得像個嬰兒.我昨晚很快就睡著了,而且一次都沒醒過,也沒有做惡夢.
B: that's great news! You look much more relaxed than you did yesterday.
這可是個好消息!你看上去比昨天輕松多了.
A: I feel much better, but I'm still worried about something.
我覺得好多了,可是對有些事情還是有些擔心.
B: what's that?
擔心什么?
A: well, I have to drive to school for a meeting this morning, and I'm going to end up getting stuck in rush-hour traffic.
呃,我今天上午要去學校開個會,我肯定會遇到上班高峰而堵在路上.
B: that's annoying, but nothing to worry about.
這的確挺煩人的.但沒什么可擔心的.
A: for me, traffic jams are quite stressful, because I'm pretty impatient. How can I prevent myself from getting stressed if I get stuck in a traffic jam?
對于我來說,堵車會讓我覺得非常焦慮,因為我特別沒耐心.如果遇到堵車,怎么才能讓自己不那么緊張呢?
B: just btrathe deeply when you feel yourself getting upset.
當你心情不好的時候就深呼吸.
A: Ok, I'll try that.
我會試試看的.
B: is there anything else bothering you?
還有其它的事情讓你煩心嗎?
A: just one more thing. A school called me this morning to see if I could teach a few classes this weekend and I don't know what to do.
還有一件事.有個學校今天早晨打電話給我,問我愿不愿意這周末去他們那兒教幾節(jié)課,我不知道該怎么辦.
B: do you have any other plans this weekend?
你周末有什么其它安排嗎?
A: I'm supposed to work on a paper that'd due on Monday.
我要寫一篇下周一要交的論文.
B: try not to take on more than you can handle.
不要承擔太多你應付不了的事情.
A: you're right. I probably should just work on my paper. Thanks!
你說的對.我是應該只專心寫我的論文.謝謝!