今天的這段對話,在討論美國,
在美國公立學校中做志愿者老師是一種什么體驗?對美國有什么看法
來聽今天的講解:
A: OK, Yoko!
洋子!
B: Hi!
你好!
A: We're going to talk about your trip to America.
我們來聊聊你在美國的旅行。
B: Trip to America. OK.
美國的旅行,好的。
A: OK. When did you go to the U.S.?
你什么時候去的美國?
B: It's about 4 years ago.
大約4年前。
A: And what did you do?
你都做了什么?
B: Actually, I went to Michigan and I worked as a volunteer teacher in public school.
事實上,我去了密歇根州,在一所公立學校中做志愿者老師。
A: OK. What was the public school like?
那所公立學校怎么樣?
B: It was not big, and so it was not big. I don't know how to say that, so what should I say....
不大,那所學校不是很大,我不知道怎么說,我該怎么說呢……
A: It was just a small school?
那是一間小學校?
B: Yeah. Small school. So only maybe 200 students I think.
是的,一所很小的學校。大概只有200名學生。
A: Oh, really!
真的!
B: Yeah, it was really small.
是的,真的很小。
A: Wow, that is small.
哇,很小啊。
B: Yeah, yeah.
是的。
A: Did you know all the students?
你認識那兒所有的學生嗎?
B: I don't think so. I just visited some classes. Yes.
我不這么認為。我只是去了幾節(jié)課。
A: So what did you think of America?
你對美國有什么看法?
B: I think it is a great country for many people who wants to try new things.
我認為美國是一個偉大的國家,在美國,人們想要嘗試一些新的東西。
A: OK.
好的。
B: You know, so for example I did not have any special skills to teach, but they let me to work there as a volunteer, and they gave me a great oppurtunity to meet a lot of students, who are really nice I think.
例如,我沒有教書的特殊技能,但校方允許我作為志愿者在那里工作,他們給了我一個機會去接觸那里的學生們,學生們都很友好。
A: Ah, OK. I agree. What were your students like?
哦,好的,我同意。你的學生怎么樣?
B: They were really motivated to learn Japanese, but they didn't learn a lot. They just, they just wanted to play with me, from other countries. Who is from, sorry!
他們對學習日語很積極,但他們并沒有學多少。他們只是想和我玩,和來自其他國家的人玩。
A: OK. Do you have any special memories from your trip?
你對這次美國之旅有沒有留下什么特殊的記憶?
B: Yes, I visited lots of places by myself and I was really afraid of speaking English to people there but they tried to understand me, and they helped me a lot and I really think OK, they are lots of people who are nice all over the world.
是的。我自己去了很多地方。我真的很害怕和當?shù)厝苏f英語,但他們總是努力地理解我,他們幫了我很多很多,這讓我覺得全世界有很多好心人。