LESSON 8
I THIND THIS MEETING WILL BE VERY IMPORTANT
我想這個會議非常重要
Mr.larkin!How are you?I'm Jake Sltzer from WEFL.
拉金先生!最近怎么樣?我是WEFL的杰克.薩爾茨.
I interviewd you in Dallas about the merger.
我曾在達拉斯就合并的事采訪過您.
Yes,of course,Jake I remember.How are you?
噢,對,杰克,我記得這因事,你怎么樣?
I'm fine,I'm glad you remember me.Are you in town for the computer meeting?
不錯,很高興你還記得我,你是到城里開計算機會議的吧?
Yes,I am.I'm glad you're here.I think this meeting will be very important.
是的,很高興你在這兒,我想這次會議非常重要.
I hope you'll do a story about it.
我希望你就這個會議做個報道.
That's why I'm here.I'm interested in doing a story on International Computer.
我就是為這才來的.我對報道國際計算機公司非常感興趣.
I know you're thinking of introducing a new line of computers.
我知道你們正打算推出一種新型計算機.
Very good,Jake.I see you've done your homework.
很好,杰克.看來你的準備工作做得不錯.
I guess you don't have time now,but I'd like to interview you on television tomorrow?
我猜,你現在沒有時間,但是我想明天對你做電視采訪.
Thank you for asking.I think I'll have some important things to say.
謝謝你的邀請.我想我會有些重的事情要說.
I think I should have some time tomorrow at ten o'clock,before my speech.
我想明天上午10點鐘我應該有空.
Sorry,I have to go.
就在演講前,對不起我得走了.
I look forward to talking with you tomorrow at ten.
希望明天10點鐘能采訪到您.
And I look forward to seeing you.
我也希望到時能見到你,
I think this meeting will be very important.
我認為這次會議廳將非常重要.
I think this meeting will be very important too.Hi,Connie,Come on in.
我也認為這次會議會是十分重要的.嗨,康妮,請進.
Sorry,I think I'm a few minutes late.Traffic was heavy.
抱歉,晚了幾分鐘,路上塞車.
No,no You're right on time.Anne's putting the baby to bed.
不.沒有,你來得剛好,安妮正哄孩子睡覺呢.
These are for you and Anne.And the baby too,of course.
這是送給你和安妮的,當然還有孩子.
Thank you,Connie.They're very nice.Here,let me take your coat.
謝謝,康妮,太漂亮了,來我給你拿大衣.
What beautiful flowers!Hi,Connie.I'm Anne.I'm glad to meet you.
多漂亮的花呀,嗨,康妮,我是安妮,很高興見到你.
It's nice to meet you too.I've heard so much about you from Steven.
我也很高興見到你.我總是聽史蒂文談起你.
I'll get us all a drink.Connie,can I get you something?We have white wine.
我去拿點喝的,康妮,你要喝點什么?我們有白葡萄酒.
Or would you rather have a soft drink?We have seltzer or ginger ale.
或者你更愿意喝飲料.蘇打水還是干姜水?
A glass of seltzer would be nice.I'll have the same,Steven,
來一杯蘇打水就行.我也要蘇打水,史蒂文.
Why don't you come with me,Connie?We'll put these beautiful flowers in some water.
跟我來吧,康妮?我們去把這些漂亮的花插在水里.
Cheers.Cheers.
干杯.干杯.
You have a lovely home.
你的家布置得不錯.
Thank you, With the baby,it's difficult to keep it neat all the time.
謝謝,家里有小孩子,很難保持整潔.
I'm sorry the baby is asleep.I wanted you so see him.Connie.
真遺憾,孩子睡了,我本來想讓你看看他的康妮.
I'm not sorry the baby is asleep.
我倒慶幸孩子睡著了,對不起.
Will you excuse me for a minute?I think the food is almost ready.
我離開一會兒,我想飯差不多要好了.
Can I help you,Anne?
要我?guī)兔?安妮?
No,thanks,Connie.I'll only be a minute.
不用了,謝謝,康妮,我一會兒就來.
Those are beautiful paintings.Who did them?
這些畫真漂亮,誰畫的?
Anne's the painter in the family.
安妮是家晨的畫家.我認為畫得棒極了.
I think they're very good.Anne,it looks delicious.Thanks,I hope you like it.
安妮, 這些菜看著就好吃.謝謝,希望你愛吃.
Would you like another cup of coffee or another piece of cake?
你再來杯咖啡還是再來塊蛋糕?
No,thanks.I really should be going I have to get up early tomorrow.
不要了,謝謝,我真得走了,我明天還得早起呢!
We have a busy day tomorrow.don't we?
我們明天會非常忙,是嗎?
Yes,I think Jake's going to interview Abbott Larkin.
是的,我想杰克要去采訪阿爾伯特.拉金.
I want to see that interview.
我想看看這次采訪.
Well.I really should go.I had a wonderful time.Lunch was delicious.
好了,我真得走了,今天高興極了.午飯很好吃,
Thanks for inviting me.Thanks for coming.We hope you'll come again.
謝謝你們的邀請.謝謝你到我家來,希望你下次再來玩.
Thanks,but next time I hope you'll plan on coming to my house.
謝謝,不過下次希望你們安排去我家,
I look forward to seeing you soon,Anne.
希望很快又能見到你,安妮.