526. He’s always making mistakes.
他總是犯錯誤。
527. Does she always dress that badly?
她總是穿得那么邋遢的嗎?
528. You are such an idiot.
你真是個白癡。
529. What you are saying is ridiculous.
你說的話很荒唐。
530. His argument is nonsense.
他的論點毫無道理。
531. He is an awful actor.
他是個很糟糕的演員。
532. That is the most stupidthing I have ever heard.
那是我聽到過的最愚蠢的事情。
533. He is the worst worker here.
他是這里最糟糕的工人。
534. This poem is awful.
這首詩很差勁。
535. Your music is hurting my ears.
你的音樂簡直刺痛了我的耳朵。
536. Then why was everyone laughing at me?
那為什么每個人都在笑話我呢?
537. They were having fun at my expense.
他們是在拿我開心。
538. I don’t like the embarrassment.
我不喜歡難堪。
539. Then that’s too bad, because I’m never going to put myself through that ordeal again.
那太糟糕了,因為我再也不會讓自己經(jīng)受那樣的折磨了。
540. Last week, I did something really dumb and everyone laughed.
上個星期,我干了一件大傻事,大家都笑我。
【生詞解讀】
1. ridicule [] n.&v. 嘲笑,揶揄,奚落
2. idiot [] n. 白癡
3. ridiculous [] a. 可笑的,荒謬的;滑稽的
4. nonsense [] n. 胡說;胡鬧,愚蠢的舉動
5. awful [] a. 【口】極壞的,極糟的
6. stupid [] a. 愚蠢的,笨的
7. ordeal [] n. 嚴峻考驗;苦難,折磨
8. dumb [] a. 【口】愚笨的