Two little kids went out to play
In their backyard one summer day.
夏日的一天,兩個小孩兒在他們的后院里玩耍。
They gazed at cotton candy sky,
他們盯著棉花糖一般的天空,
And argued as the clouds sailed by.
因為流云爭吵著。
"There goes a fluffy sheep!" Tim cried,
“綿羊過來了!”提姆喊道,
As Kimmy scrutinized the sky.
吉米仔細觀察著天空。
"I do not see a sheep," she said.
“我沒看見綿羊,”她說。
"I see a flock of birds, instead."
“但是,我看見了一群鳥。”
"How lovely are the birds!" said he.
“多可愛的鳥啊!”他說。
"Look there's a swarm of bumble bees,
“看,那有一群蜜蜂,
And there goes a train, a foot long!"
那還有一列火車,有一英尺長!”
"Oh no brother, you are so wrong."
“不,哥哥,你錯了。”
"Pesky Kimmy, don't be a pain,
“討厭的吉米,你都快讓我瘋掉了。
'Cos you are driving me insane.
Go away and leave me alone
走開,讓我一個人呆著。
To just imagine on my own!"
我要發(fā)揮我自己的想象!”
"Okay then, I'll leave you alone,
“那好吧,我會讓你一個人呆著的。
But when you see a shape unknown,
但是當你看到你不認識的形狀時,
Do not go screaming out to me,
別來沖我喊叫,
'Cos I won't tell you what I see."
因為我不會告訴你我看到了什么。”
"Leave me alone and let me be,
“走開,讓我一個人呆會兒,
I don't need you to play with me!"
我不需要你和我玩!”
Feeling lonely, she blurted out,
感到寂寞,她不假思索喊道,
"If you need me just give a shout!"
“如果你需要我,就喊一聲。”
Notefluffy:披著絨毛的 scrutinized:細察 flock:一群 insane:極愚蠢的
blurted:未加思索地沖口而出