A: Honey, would you please put the dishes in the dishwasher?
親愛的,你能把碗碟放進洗碗機里嗎?
B: I don't know how to run it.
我不知道怎么操作。
A: Stop playing the fool!
別裝傻了!
2. Who do you think you are ? 你以為你是誰啊?(毫不客氣地說)
A: You shouldn't talk to your children that way.
你不該這么跟你的孩子們說話。
B: Who do you think you are? Mind your own business.
你以為你是誰啊?管好自己的事吧。
3. Any complaints? / Do you have something to say? 你有何不滿?/你有什么話要說嗎?
A: Can I see the work schedule for next week?
我能看看下星期的日程表嗎?
B: Here it is. Do you have something to say?
這就是。你有什么要說嗎?
4. That's more like it. 這才像話。(像個長者在說)
A: Don't talk to your brother that way!
別跟你哥哥那么說話!
B: I'm sorry I insulted you, Jimmy.
對不起,我侮辱了你,吉米。
A: That's more like it.
那這像話。
5. Do it yourself, then. 既然如此,你自己來吧。
A: That's not the way I wanted it done.
這可不是我想要的方式。
B: Do it yourself, then.
那你自己來唄。
6. That's going too far. 太過分了!
A: Should I buy my girlfriend a car?
我是不是該給我女朋友買部車呢?
B: That's going too far.
那太過分了!
7. See. / I told you (so). 我老早告訴過你。(洋洋得意、有先見之明)
A: It was stupid of me to go bungee jumping.
我居然去蹦極,真是太蠢了。
B: See, I told you so.
看,我早就這么說。
8. Do something (about it) ! / Don't just sit there! 想想辦法吧!別閑坐著!
A: Honey, the garbage needs to be taken out.
親愛的,垃圾該拿出去了。
B: So, don't just sit there, go do something about it!
那你就別光坐在那兒了,去做點事吧!
9. I'm counting on you. / You're my only hope. 就指望你了。(可憐兮兮地說)
A: Sure, I'll come watch you give your speech.
當(dāng)然,我會來看你演講的。
B: Great, I'm counting on you!
太好了,我就指望你了!
10. So what? 那又怎樣?(毫不在乎地說)
A: You're not wearing your seatbelt.
你沒系安全帶。
B: So what?
那又怎樣?