https://online1.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0000/575/49.mp3
https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
SCENE① A 吉娜與戴夫在他們的辦公室隔間說話
【我在考慮跳槽】
Zina: Dave, there's something I want to talk to you about.
吉娜: 戴夫,我要跟你談一件事。
Dave: Zina, why are you 1) whispering?
戴夫: 吉娜,你干嘛那么小聲?
Zina: I've been talking to WebTracker. I'm thinking of jumping ship.
吉娜: 我一直跟網路搜尋家有聯絡。我在考慮跳槽。
Dave: What? Are you serious? You'd 2) defect to our 3) archrival!?
戴夫: 什么?你是認真的嗎?你要向敵人投誠?。?
Zina: Keep your voice down. We'll talk more later. Right now I need to see Vince.
吉娜: 小聲點。我們晚點再詳談。我現在得要去找文斯。
Dave: We definitely have to talk, Zina. And watch your back. Elvin is still mad about his nose.
戴夫: 我們一定得聊聊,吉娜。多留點神。艾文還在氣他鼻子的那檔事。
Zina: OK, but don't tell anyone what I said.
吉娜: 好,不過別把我說的話告訴別人。
語言詳解
A: (Loudly) Why are you whispering?
(大喊)你干嘛那么小聲???
B: We're in a library, you dork.
我們在圖書館里,蠢蛋。
【Are you serious? 你是認真的嗎?】
serious有兩個主要意義,其一是“嚴肅的、認真的”,另一是“嚴重的、重大的”。與“人”連用時通常是第一種解釋,與“疾病、局勢、問題”連用則屬第二種解釋,例如:
We have to be serious about our future.
我們要認真的面對未來。
The situation is really serious.
局勢真的很嚴重。
A: I heard John was hospitalized.
我聽說約翰住進醫(yī)院。
B: Are you serious?
你是說真的嗎?
A: Yes. He suffered a serious injury in an accident.
真的。他在意外事件中受到嚴重傷害。
1) whisper (v.) 低語,呢喃
2) defect (v.) 背棄(同盟,祖國)to的后面接名詞,指所投向的新對象
3) archrival (n.) 死敵,最大的敵人 arch 這個字首 (prefix) 是指“首要的,主要的”