https://online1.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0000/575/25.mp3
https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
SCENE⑤ A 會議結束后
【這是難關,對吧?】
Dave: It's 1) crunch time, isn't it? I wasn't 2) nervous before the meeting, but now I am.
戴夫: 這是難關,對吧? 我開會前還不緊張的,但現(xiàn)在我緊張了。
Elvin: No kidding. Time is running out.
艾文: 一點不假。時間越來越緊迫了。
Dave: It would help to bring in a couple more 3) troubleshooters.
戴夫: 若是再找?guī)讉€難題顧問來解決問題,可能會有幫助。
Elvin: Vince says he can't 4) afford anybody else. We're got to 5) come through.
艾文: 文斯說他請不起人了。我們得要自己撐過。
Dave: Do you think we'll make it?
戴夫: 你覺得我們會成功嗎?
Elvin: I guess we'll either make it, or we won't.
艾文: 我猜我們要么就搞定,否則就完蛋了。
語言詳解
A: Dad! I love that car.
爸!我好愛那輛車。
B: Me too. But we can't afford it.
我也是。不過我們買不起。
【Time is running out. 時間越來越緊迫了。】
run out 表示“耗盡、到期、屆滿”,而 run out of 是“將……用光、缺乏”,前者不能接名詞,而后者一定接名詞或動名詞。
A: We'd better hurry. Time is running out.
我們最好快一點。時間快到了。
B: But we have to find a gas station first. We are running out of gas.
但是我們必須先找個加油站。汽油快用光了。
A: Why didn't we use the other car?
為什么我們沒有用另外那部車子呢?
1) crunch time (n.) (俚)關鍵時刻,危機困境。
2) nervous (a.) 感到緊張的
3) troubleshooter (n.) 解決麻煩問題的能手。
4) afford (v.) 負擔得起
5) come through 度過難關