I’m Starving 我餓死了
BACKGROUND 背景
Two friends after work are deciding on what to do for dinner.
兩個朋友下班后正在決定吃什么晚餐。
A: I’m starving to death. What about you?
我餓死了。你呢?
B: Yeah, I’m starving too! Where do you want to have dinner?
我也是,我快餓死了。你想去哪兒吃?
A: I don’t know.
我不知道。
B: What do you feel like eating?
你想吃什么呢?
A: Every now and then I get hungry for spicy food.
一段時間不吃辣的我就饞。
B: There’s a really good Sichuan restaurant near here. Let’s go there sometime.
附近有家非常不錯的四川飯館。我們找個時間去吧。
A: Why not tonight?
今晚為什么不去?
B: No, not tonight. You have to make reservations in advance. It’s a very popular place. Besides, it’s expensive. And I don’t have any money.
今晚不行。你必須提前預約。那里生意很好,而且很貴。我沒多少錢了。
A: I’m broke, too. Let’s save our money and go next week.
我也沒錢了。讓我們攢點錢,下星期去吧。
B: Okay. But how?
好吧。那怎么攢呢?
A: We could do without lunch this week.
這個星期我們可以不吃午餐。
B: Do you mean every day? I don’t feel up to that.
你是說每天?那我可受不了。
A: Well, then every other day.
好吧,那就隔一天一次吧。
B: But what about tonight?
那今晚怎么辦?
A: Let’s just go for beef noodles. That’s cheap and fast!
我們去吃牛肉面吧。又快又便宜!
B: Great. Let’s go.
太好了。走吧。