第八十九課 愚人的陶醉
Iago says, What, are you hurt, lieutenant? Cassio says, Ay, past all surgery.
伊阿古說“怎么了,副官,你受傷了?”凱西奧說“哎,所有治療方法都用過了。”
Marry, heaven forbid! Reputation, reputation, reputation! Oh, I have lost my reputation!
天啊,上天保佑你不會有事!名譽,名譽,名譽!啊,我的名譽已經全都失去了!
I have lost the immortal part of myself, and what remains is bestial.
我已經失去我的生命中不朽的那部分,留下來的只是畜生一樣的皮囊罷了。
My reputation! Iago, my reputation! As I am an honest man, I thought you had received some bodily wound,
我的名譽,伊阿古,我的名譽啊!我是個誠實的人,我以為你身體上受了什么傷害呢,
there is more sense in that than in reputation. Reputation is an idle and most false imposition,
那可比名譽的喪失更叫人痛苦。名譽是一件無聊透頂而又假得不能再假的東西,
oft got without merit, and lost without deserving.
得到的人常常沒有德行,失去它的人也談不上值不值得。
you have lost no reputation at all, unless you repute yourself such a loser.
你的名譽沒有什么損失,除非你以為自己就是個名譽掃地的人。
What, man! there are ways to recover the general again. Sue to him again, and he's yours.
無所謂,朋友!要讓主帥再對你信任的話,辦法多的是。再懇求一下他,他一定轉怒為喜。
I will rather sue to be despised than to deceive so good a commander with so slight,
我寧愿懇求他鄙視我,也不愿欺騙一位像他那么善良的主帥,
so drunken, and so indiscreet an officer. Drunk? and speak parrot? and squabble?
竟有像我這樣輕薄酗酒而又輕率失德的手下??耧嫙o度!胡言亂語!與人吵架!
swagger? swear? and discourse fustian with one's own shadow? O thou invisible spirit of wine,
漫天吹牛!賭咒發(fā)誓!跟自己的影子說些不著邊際的話!啊,你被看不見的酒精靈施了魔法,