That step—that step—that little step, so light Upon the ground,
那腳步聲,輕輕地一點點走近了,
how heavy does it fall Upon my heart! I feel my child!
卻是重重地踩在我的心上。孩子呀,我能感覺你過來了。
(Enter Sarnem with Albert, whose eyes are riveted on Tell’s bow, which Sarnem carries.)
(薩勒姆帶著阿爾伯特走了進來,阿爾伯特眼睛緊緊盯著薩勒姆手上拿著的弓弩。)
This he! We can but perish.
就是他!大家都愣住了。
Albert says: (Aside.) Yes; I was right. It is my father's bow!
阿爾伯特說,(閃到一邊)是的,我沒看錯,就是我爸爸的弓箭!
For there's my father! I'll not own him though!
雖然我還沒看見我爸爸,他一定在這里!
See! What? Look there!
看那邊!哪兒?那邊!
I do, what would you have me see? Thy father.
我看了,你讓我看誰呀?你爸爸呀!
Who? That—that my father?
誰?那——那是我爸爸?
My boy! my boy! my own brave boy! He's safe!
孩子,我的孩子,勇敢的好孩子!他很好。
Sarnem says: (Aside to Gesler.) They're like each other.
薩勒姆說:(閃在一邊對蓋斯勒說)他們倆長得很像。
Gesler says: Yet I see no sign of recognition to betray the link Unites a father and his child.
蓋斯勒說:我可看不出絲毫破綻,這父親和孩子長得一點也不像。
My lord, I am sure it is his father. Look at them.
老爺,我相信那家伙就是那孩子父親,你看他倆,
That boy did spring from him; or never cast came from the mold it fitted!
那男孩確實與泰爾很像,否則怎會有同樣的模子刻出來?
It may be A preconcerted thing 'gainst such a chance.
雖然他們不過彼此冷淡地打量一下,
That they survey each other coldly thus.
或許,那是他們事先想好的對策來應付這樣場合。
We shall try. Lead forth the caitiff.
我們來查個究竟,帶上那個混蛋。
To a dungeon? No; into the court.
去地牢?不,去法庭。