Juliette Drouet to Victor Hugo
朱麗葉·德魯埃致維克多·雨果
Oh! Think of me, my sweet beloved, so that I may feel it
啊,想著我吧,我最愛的人,好讓我感受到你的甜蜜,
and so that your joy amid your delightful family, your kind friends and admirers may not be changed into bitterness and grief for me.
你與家人、朋友和愛慕你的人的歡樂才不會變?yōu)槲业募刀?,令我傷心?/p>
Think of me, of whom you are the life and soul.
想著我吧,因為你就是我的生命和靈魂。
Think of my love so profound, so pure, and so devoted, and wish I were with you.
想想我對你的愛如此深沉、純潔與專一,希望我能與你相聚在一起。
I am going to bed praying God for you and yours.
我要睡了,還在為你和你的親人祈禱。
I trust my prayers will not be fruitless,
我相信我的祈禱不會得不到回音,
as I am asking for their happiness and yours, should it be at the cost of my own life.
因為我不惜用生命換得你的親人還有你的幸福。
If you knew how I need to know that you are happy, my beloved, almost as much as to know I am loved by you!
要是你知道我是如何為你祈禱,我的愛,那么你愛我的心也不會亞于我。
I love you, more than anything else in this world.
我愛你,我對你的愛超過了人間世上的一切。
Enjoy your success, this evening, my Victor, your beauty, your genius, and be happy with your delightful family.
今夜盡情地為你的成功而歡樂吧,我的維克多,盡情地贊美你的美麗,贊美你的天賦吧,為能與歡樂的家人團聚而高興吧。
I will be proud and happy myself, provided amid all this you do not forget me.
要是你在歡樂的時刻沒有把我忘懷,我定當感到自豪和幸福。
Above all I do not wish to importune or compromise you.
不管怎么樣,最重要的是,我不想強求或委屈你。
I only want to love you to my last sight.
我只想愛著你直到瞑目之時。