Remember the day I borrowed your brand new car and dented it?
記得那天,我借用你的新車,我撞凹了它
I thought you'd kill me, but you didn't.
我以為你一定會殺了我的,但是你沒有
And remember the time I dragged you to the beach, and you said it would rain, and it did?
記得那天,我拖你去海灘,而它真如你所說的下了雨
I thought you'd say, "I told you so." But you didn't.
我以為你會說“我告訴過你”,但是你沒有
Do you remember the time I flirted with all the guys to make you jealous, and you were?
記得那天,我和所有的男人調(diào)情好讓你嫉妒,而你真的嫉妒了
I thought you'd leave, but you didn't.
我以為你一定會離開我,但是你沒有
Do you remember the time I spilled strawberry pie all over your car rug?
記得那天,我在你的車毯上吐滿了草莓餅
I thought you'd hit me, but you didn't.
我以為你一定會揍我的,但是你沒有
And remember the time I forgot to tell you the dance was formal and you showed up in jeans?
記得那天,我忘了告訴你那個舞會是要穿禮服的,而你卻穿了牛仔褲
I thought you'd drop me, but you didn't.
我以為你一定要拋棄我了,但是你沒有
Yes, there were lots of things you didn't do.
是的,有許多的事你都沒有做
But you put up with me, and loved me, and protected me.
而你容忍我鐘愛我保護我
There were lots of things I wanted to make up to you when you returned from Vietnam.
有許多許多的事情我要回報你,等你從越南回來
But you didn't.
但是你沒有