I'm on the search for food and shelter. 我正在尋找食物和庇護所
And that means getting onto the lower slopes. 這意味著要到低海拔的地方去
This is the snow line. 這是雪線
It's the first time I've got solid ground under me. 我的腳第一次踩到了堅實的土地
And that's a good sign. 這是個好兆頭
That means we're coming out of the mountains. 這意味著我們正在走出雪山
The snow line is the point above which snow and ice cover the ground throughout the year. 雪線就是說這以上的地方終年 被冰雪覆蓋
Get below that and your chances of scavenging food and resources increases massively. 而雪線以下 找到食物和其他資源的機會 會成倍增長
Actually, a lot of all of this is birch. 事實上這些樹大多是樺樹
Are you all right? Almost lost you there. 你還好嗎 差點掉下去了
They're often the first trees you come across when you come out of the mountains. 樺樹 是你下山的時候 往往最先映入眼簾的樹
And there are all these little shavings. 到處都有這種樹皮
You can just pull off in your hand. 你可以用手把它們撕下來
It's this stuff that really takes a spark easily. 這種樹皮非常易燃
Birch bark is packed with flammable oils. 樺樹皮含有可燃油
Pocket this stuff whenever you see it. 當看到的時候就應該把它們收集起來
When coming off the high mountains,these are good friends to find.Keep going. 當你從高山下來時 這些會很有幫助 接著走