all the things that are not good for you in the vending machine. 自動販賣機里的所有東西對你來說都不是好東西。
Some people are also "reading the new notices on the bulletin board." 有些人還在“閱讀公告牌上的最新通知。”
The bulletin board, "bulletin," board (two words) is a big piece of usually wood or plastic 公告牌(bulletin)(兩個字),通常是一大塊木制的或塑料制的牌子,
where people put important messages for other people to read. 那兒人們可以在上面公布一些重要的消息給其他人閱讀。
You can have a bulletin board at your work; you can have a bulletin board in a school, 你的工作中會有公告牌;學校里會有公告牌,
and usually, it's a place where different people can come and read the news or new things or new announcements. 通常那是一個各種各樣的人都會來閱讀新聞,新鮮事或新公告的地方。
"I run into Sam, one of my friends at work." “我偶遇我工作中的一個朋友山姆”。
The verb, to run into, means I meet him although I was not expecting to meet him. 動詞“run into”,意思是雖然我碰到了他,但卻在我的意料之外。
So, "I run into Sam, and we chat a little before going back to work." 因此,“我偶遇山姆,在回去工作之前我們閑聊了一會兒”
To chat, "chat," means to talk, usually about something not very important. 聊天(chat),是“說話”的意思,一般是聊不太重要的事。