I grab my sandwich, a napkin, and sit down at the dining room table to eat. 我拿起我的三明治,一張餐巾,坐在餐廳的桌子旁吃東西。
For my birthday last year, my brother gave me some place mats that have maps of the United States on them. 去年我生日時,我哥哥給了我?guī)讉€墊子,上面畫著美國地圖。
I have always been bad at geography so he thought he would be funny and give me something to study while I ate. 我一向地理不好,所以他認為這會很有趣,在我吃飯的時候,讓我學習一些東西。
Of course, I haven't learned a thing! 當然,我沒有學到東西!
I am still hungry after the sandwich and want some dessert. 吃完三明治,我還是很餓,想吃點甜點。
I preheat the oven and then take a package of ready-made cookies out of the fridge that just needed to be baked. 我預熱烤箱,然后從冰箱里拿出一包現(xiàn)成的餅干,只需要烘烤就能食用。
I get out a cookie sheet and put some aluminum foil on it. 我拿出一塊餅干紙,在上面放了一些鋁箔。
I always do this when I bake because this way, I don't have to do any dishes afterwards. 我烤的時候總是這樣,因為這樣,我以后就不用洗碗了。
I could just throw away the foil. 我可以扔掉錫箔紙。
Then, I shape the dough into circles, put them on the cookie sheet, and put the pan into the oven. 然后,我把面團揉成圓圈,放在餅干紙上,然后把烤盤放進烤箱里。
After 15 minutes, I put on my oven mitts and take the pan out. 15分鐘后,我戴上手套,把烤盤拿出來。
The cookies smell great, but first, I need to let them cool. 餅干聞起來很棒,但首先,我要讓它們涼一涼。
After 30 minutes, I put three of them on a plate and the rest of them in a Tupperware container. 30分鐘后,我拿了三個,放在盤子里,其余的放在了一個特百惠收納盒里。
I'll take those to work tomorrow. 我明天上班帶著它們。
That should make the day go by a little faster. 這樣一天就能好過一點。